Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Connecting, Praying, Loving

Families and friends wait and wait and wait to hold their loved ones in their arms again.  That part is something most of us can somewhat comprehend.  But I can't begin to comprehend what the 33 miners underground in Chile since August 5 are experiencing.  I do know they need my prayers.  If I truly believe that when I pray, the pain of the one for whom I'm praying, is somewhat relieved, then how can I not pray for these men?  I just found this link on the MSN page:  33 Chilean Miners   Here I saw the faces and a very brief description of each person trapped underground.  When you look into someone's eyes (even in a photograph), it's hard not to feel a connection.  These men are far from us in distance, but our feet are on the same earth, we have been warmed by the same sun, have gazed at the same moon, and have wished upon the same stars.  I pray that all 33 of these men are rescued safely and that they can again rejoice in the sight of the sun, moon and the stars, and the faces of their loves ones. 
touching the same earth
our pulse is felt in all lands
all are connected

No comments:

Post a Comment