Saturday, April 30, 2011

What I Get to Do

I was loading stuff into my car today to take to an Art Expo tomorrow.  I posted what I was doing on Twitter.  I added that I was happy, because I didn't want anyone to think that I was complaining about loading the car.  I wasn't thinking of it as work, but felt happy that I could paint and was going to be part of an art exhibit.  It was something I "got" to do!
I've been trying lately to think of work and chores as something I "get" to do.

Who wouldn't... finding themselves holding a hungry child next to them to keep warm on a cold night with no shelter or food... want to be in a hot kitchen doing dishes?  That would be a sign that you had shelter, warmth and food for you and your child.

No I don't remember to think of everything I do as something I get to do all the time, and I'm pretty sure I'll forget several more times even today.  So, if you see me sometime and hear me say, "I'm so tired, it's been a rough day," feel free to ask me what it was I got to do.

1 comment:

  1. MARY LOU CHILDRESSMarch 28, 2012 at 7:22 PM

    I'LL BE THINKING ABOUT YOU TOMORROW ON YOUR LAST DAY OF CHEMO AND PRAYING THAT YOU NEVER HAVE TO GO THRU IT AGAIN..STAY STRONG.

    ReplyDelete