Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Button

I’ve had my Saturn car for 7 years.  I love it.  I’m keeping it for several more, because sadly I won’t be able to get another one (as of this year, Saturns are no longer being made).  And now I love it even more! 

I always thought I was told, when I purchased my Saturn new, that the back seats would fold down, opening up to the trunk, to allow for transporting  large items.  I would try to utilize that feature from time to time, but could never get my seats to fold down.  There was a square button on top of each back seat, but when I pushed it, nothing happened.  I tried various things, like pushing or pulling on the seat itself... again, nothing.  So I assumed I just dreamt that this was an available feature.  I don’t like to have to ask for help, but just recently I had to resort to asking my friend, Matt, to help me move a few things to my new downtown art studio.  He happily helped me do so. 

A few days later, I was loading groceries in my car, and saw that square button again.  I felt around all sides of it, to an opening in the back.  I put my fingers under the button, lifted it up, and voila!  The back seat instantly folded down! 

Seven years... 7 years... that’s how long I could have been using my fold-down back seats.  7 YEARS!
The button was there all the time.  I just needed to lift, rather than push.  How very simple.  “Simple” referring to the mechanics of the button... and to ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment